RE: [Xen-devel] xen 2.0.1, 2.4.27, 2.6.9, non-bridge

  • To: "Jody Belka" <lists-xen@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 01:30:55 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 01:38:57 +0000

> I use a mix of routing and bridging myself.
>
> I treat dom0 as a router connected to a switch. eth0, my physical nic,
> is on subnet A, and xen-br0 (which i create at boot, so i disable the
> xend network script) is on subnet B. I then just enable ip forwarding,
> and hook new domains up to xen-br0 as normal. Works really well.

Interesting. Any particular reason why you do this? Using iptables
netfilter I guess you could probably get the same effect with just a
bridge.

Since the hosts main IP addresses are presumably on subnet A, I don't
see why the bridge couldn't be brought up by the network script -- you
just don't want to do the IP address transfer, so remove the
transfer_addresses and transfer_routes lines.

Cheers,
Ian