Re: [Xen-devel] Multiple partitions in a Guest OS

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Milan Holzäpfel <lists@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:18:45 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 21:19:37 +0000

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 13:32:45 -0600
Pradheep K E <pradheep.ke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to run a guest OS with multiple partitions. I added a line like
>
> disk=['phy:hda6,hda6,w']

you should writing down sth. like this:

| disk=['phy:...', 'phy:...', 'phy:...']
where each "phy:..." is the definition for one device.
E.g.:

| disk=['phy:hda5,hda5,w','phy:hda6,hda6,w']

But isn't this mentioned in the docs somewhere?

> in the configuration file. The disk was not mounted in the host OS.
>
> However, the kernel refuses to boot with an error message which says
> "kernel not syncing... attempted to kill init... rebooting...".

This is because the second "disk=..." line overwrites the first one
which is probably your / filesystem.

> When I remove that line, everything works.

Then the first one is not overwritten, and your / filesystem is
available.

Regards,
Milan

PS: Shame on me if the adivce I gave should not be correct.  I have
never tried it, but these config files are actually python source files,
and since one declares a list using square brackets, it only makes sense
to do it with a list of strings.  So just try it (-:

- --

                   Milan Holzäpfel alias jagdfalke alias jag

Antworten direkt an mich                             Answers directly to me
gehen bitte an eine Addresse,                        go to an address one
die man hier finden kann:                            can find here, please:

Kontaktinfos sowie                                   Contact infos as well as
Öff GnuPG-Schlüssel    <URL:http://con.mjh.name/>    GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Fingerabdruck     4C8A 5FAF 5D32 6125 89D1     GnuPG Fingerprint
                        0CE5 DB0C AF4F 6583 7966

                    http://www.deppenleerzeichen.de/