Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create domain with lvm rootfs

Hi there,

> Using config file "/etc/xen/db1".
> Error: Error creating domain: vbd: Segment not found: uname=phy:fs/db1

* Can you confirm the device node is really present before and after the
failure to start the domain?
* Can you mount the device in domain 0 before and after the failure to start
the domain?

> However, if I reset the machine, this problem appears to go away for a
> time, only to be replaced with another. The domain is started, but in the
> log files it is noted that it is restarted over and over until xend
> complains that it's been restarting too fast and stops trying.

Sounds like Xend is finding the VBD device node when building the domain but
that the domain kernel is bailing out for some reason after being started.
Given your other problems, I'd speculate it can't mount its root filesystem
and so is repeatedly rebooting.

* Can you capture the boot output for this domain?  Specify the -c flag to xm
to make it turn into the domain console.  With luck the domain will tell us
what's wrong...
* Does the original problem ever come back after a reboot?

Cheers,
Mark