Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Ian Pratt wrote:

# Kernel image file.
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-xenU"
# Optional ramdisk.
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.9-xenU.img"
# The domain build function. Default is 'linux'.
builder='linux'
# Initial memory allocation (in megabytes) for the new domain.
memory = 64
# A name for your domain. All domains must have different names.
name = "test1"
# disk = [ 'phy:hda1,hda1,r' ]
disk = [ 'phy:hdc1,hdc1,w' ]
# Set if you want dhcp to allocate the IP address.
dhcp="dhcp"
# Set root device.
root = "/dev/hdc1 ro/"

The '/' on the end of 'ro' looks odd to me.
Thx. Removing it did not make any difference.

xen_blk: Initialising virtual block device driver
Using anticipatory io scheduler
xen_net: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.
NET: Registered protocol family 2
IP: routing cache hash table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
IP-Config: Incomplete network configuration information.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 92k freed
Red Hat nash version 4.1.18 starting

I can't see any partitions being found at any point, so you're
doomed from here on in.
Agree.

I had tried that (and hda1) before, but sda1 I get an error, too:
[root@dyn95394184 xen]# xm create -c test1 vmid=1
Using config file "test1".
Error: Error creating domain: vbd: Device not found: sda1

try  disk = [ 'phy:hdc1,0801,w' ]

0801 == sda1
No difference.  Same Kernel panic

Ian