[Xen-devel] /proc/interrupts on unprivileged domains

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Diwaker Gupta <diwakergupta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:12:29 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:13:21 +0000

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to understand the values in /proc/interrupts of
unprivileged domains. Specifically, I'm interested in the value of the
timer interrupt. AFAIK, this value reflects the number of times this
domain received the timer interrupt from Xen? Equivalently, the number
of times the timer_interrupt() function (and thus the
do_timer_interrupt) function of the guest OS (linux, in this case)
were called? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If that is indeed the case, then my real curiosity is this -- what
parameters affect this number? Again, AFAIK Xen gives a timer
interrupt periodically to a currently running domain, and also when a
domain gets scheduled. But how does this indirectly depend on other
parameters -- like the cpu frequency, the system time, the tsc
timestamp value and so on.

TIA
Diwaker

PS: I'm afraid I might not have been very articular in this email, but
I'm happy to give clarifications :)
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker