Re: [Xen-devel] Problem when making a domain

  • To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: aq <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:36:18 +0900
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:37:37 +0000

Hello,

> Doesn't look like it from your boot messages. It's either a garbage
> file, or it needs decompressing.
Really I dont think the rootfs is wrong. I got rootfs.gz from the
ttylinux tarball, and just "gunzip" it.

The same problem happen with my slackware file system. This slackware
is in a separate partition /dev/hda3 (my machine is dualboot, together
with Ubuntu - the current in use environment). Here is my
configuration file for the slackware partition:

---
$ more slack.xm
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-xenU"
memory = 128
name = "slackDomain"
disk = [ 'phy:hda3,hda1,w' ]
root = "/dev/hda1 ro"
ip = "192.168.1.222"
netmask = "255.255.255.0"
gateway = "192.168.1.1"
extra = "4"
---

And here is excerpt from bootup process. The problem occur at the end:
----
[XEN:vbd_update:drivers/xen/blkfront/blkfront.c:194] >
[XEN:vbd_update:drivers/xen/blkfront/blkfront.c:195] <
Freeing unused kernel memory: 92k freed
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.9-xenU/modules.dep:
No such file or directory

modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.9-xenU/modules.dep:
No such file or directory

INIT: version 2.84 booting
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
Initializing udev dynamic device directory.
swapon: cannot stat /dev/hda2: No such file or directory
Testing root filesystem status:  read-only filesystem
Checking root filesystem:
fsck 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
/sbin/e2fsck: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda3
/dev/hda3:
filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

*** An error occurred during the root filesystem check. ***
*** You will now be given a chance to log into the      ***
*** system in single-user mode to fix the problem.      ***
*** If you are using the ext2 filesystem, running       ***
*** 'e2fsck -v -y <partition>' might help.              ***

Once you exit the single-user shell, the system will reboot.

Type control-d to proceed with normal startup,
(or give root password for system maintenance):
----

Can you give me some advice to fix this error?

Thank you a lot,
AQ