[Xen-devel] Re: xen problem with save/restore

Paul Larson wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 09:47, Ian Pratt wrote:
>> Which compiler from which distro were you using before? I'd like to
>> get to the bottom of this as other people have seen the same
>> problem. We'd be grateful if you could confirm that building with
>> the other compiler causes the bug.
>
> gcc version 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-13) -> Bug with 2.0-testing
> gcc version 3.2.3 (Debian) -> No bug with 2.0-testing
>
> I can also try 3.4 pretty easily later today if you'd like

I don't know about the Xen guys, but I personally would like to see if
the bug appears with:

gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-3)

This is the current latest Debian version. The 3.3.4-13 version is
from September, where as the 3.3.5-3 is really from gcc-3_3-branch CVS
20041204. In the meantime there have been fixes to bugs that cause
wrong code generation and crashes.

So, it would be really nice to know if there's a problem with the
default Debian gcc versions, or is it some specific version only.

-- Naked