RE: [Xen-devel] xen problem with save/restore

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 19:20, Ian Pratt wrote:
> What were you using before? I seem to recall it was 2.0-testing.bk?
Yes, 2.0-testing.bk fails, but xeno-unstable.bk passes.

> There's currently very few changes between unstable and 2.0-testing
Great! Maybe it'll be easier to see what fixed it in xeno-unstable.

> (though this will likely change from next week).  Does it now work
> totally reliably? (it failed every time before, right?). You're using
> the exact same machine and configuration?
Yes, I repulled and recompiled just to be certain.  Under unstable, the
save/restore/reconnect works without anything crashing.  Under
xen-2.0-testing though, I'm getting this when I reconnect:
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
00000007
 printing eip:
c0302407
*pde = ma 00000000 pa 55555000
 [<c012bbee>] worker_thread+0x1ea/0x2e0

I am seeing this in xm log when I do the destroy:
[2004-12-08 18:38:51 xend] DEBUG (XendDomainInfo:634) Closing console,
domain 1
[2004-12-08 18:38:51 xend] ERROR (XendDomainInfo:627) Domain destroy
failed: VM1Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/lib/python/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py", line 625, in
destroy_domain
    return xc.domain_destroy(dom=self.dom)
error: (3, 'No such process')

Thanks,