RE: [Xen-devel] what does this mean in 2.0

  • To: "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 21:34:18 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:35:37 +0000

> My os is working ok, but on exit I get this:
>
> (XEN) pt base=8f6f sh_info=196
> (XEN) Audit 3: L2 not validated 47fe0000
> (XEN) Audit 3: L2 not pinned 47fe0000

This is certainly a bit odd, but probably benign. It's telling you that
you have a page that has been used as an L2 that isn't pinned, which is
usually bad from a performance point of view. Perhaps it was your
initial boot pagetable?

I think it's worth putting some effort into tracking this down.

> (XEN) Audit 3: type count whent below zero pfn=24e2
> taf=20000000 otaf=20000000
> (XEN) Audit 3: type count whent below zero pfn=24e3
> taf=23fe0000 otaf=23fe0000

These two are potentially more concerning, but it may just be a case of
the debug audit code being confused by the L2 pinning issue.

Ian