Re: [Xen-devel] Newbie question: privileged vs. unprivileged domains

> All boot OK. One problem is that for dom1 and dom2 recognize their exclusive
> pci cards I have to run the xen0. I loaded the respective modules only in
> the respective domains.

You should add pci_dom0_hide=xxxx to the xen command line so that
dom0 can't see the 2nd ethernet card or the sound card. See the
user manual.

> When I do that almost all is Ok, I can play some mp3
> files. But when I run a server that depends on the soundcard I recive an
> error
> like:
>
> Soundcard recieved SG Error, sound disabled

SG error sounds like it might mean 'scatter gather' error. This
probably means the driver is taking liberties as regards mapping
memory regions, and needs to be fixed.

If you can find the path through the sound system that triggers
this its probably easily fixed, and a patch can be sent upstream
to the maintainer.

> Another problem is that I have a USB keyboard (no ps2 or serial connectors on
> motherboard) and when rebooting dom1 or dom2 the server freezes. I tryed to
> connect with ssh from my laptop with no response.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying the freeze only happens
when the USB keyboard is connected? This is totally weird.

Ian