Re: [Xen-devel] disk throttling

Mark A. Williamson wrote:
There are plans for some improved disk QoS (I think it's on the roadmap). The current mode of disk scheduling doesn't differentiate different service qualities. I don't *think* it does accounting yet (this'd likely be added at the same time).

Unlike for network, there wasn't a standard Linux way to do this. Maybe the pluggable Linux IO schedulers framework (possible merge in 2.6.10) would help with this work.

Has the plan of turning Xen into a next-gen BIOS been scrapped? It seems Xen is becoming more and more dependent on having a specific version of Linux as dom0?

Jacob