[Xen-devel] Xen 2.0 deployment recommendation

Xen-devel,

Could someone please recommend a starting Linux distribution of least
resistance for deploying Xen 2.0.  I am not limited to any one
distribution.  I have encountered various issues (recorded below) with
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and Fedora Core 2 distributions that are
impeding me from performing a comparison of Xen 2.0 to VMWare GSX
Server.

Regards,
-=e

Issues encountered:

  Linux Distro: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
  Kernel: 2.4.21-15.EL

  Symptom: When booting Xen 2.0 binary distribution the following
  error message is received "Kernel panic : No init = found.  Try
  passing init=3D option to kernel".

  Linux Distro: Fedora Core 2 (2.6.5-1.358smp)
  Built Xen 2.0 kernel: 2.6.9-xen0

  Symptom: When booting 2.6.9 based kernel built with the Xen 2.0
  source distribution the following error messages are repeatedly
  received.  The system boots but no modules are loaded (lsmod):

    Nov  9 14:38:28 sacramento modprobe: FATAL: Could not load
/lib/modules/2.6.9-xen0/modules.dep: No such file or directory

Ed Espino
SpikeSource,Inc.
email: eespino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cell: 925.437.3734
home: 925.831.9820

The information contained in this email message may be privileged,
confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message
and any attachments.