RE: [Xen-devel] VIF Interfaces not transparent to all ethernet protocols?

  • To: "Armin Kemper" <Armin.Kemper@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:51:13 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:37:55 +0000

I had some really annoying things happen with the tlan driver where a
change in link status (eg cable unplugged then re-plugged in) would
cause the card to drop out of promiscuous mode.

ifconfig eth3 promisc

or
ifconfig eth3 -promisc
ifconfig eth3 promisc

would set things right again.

Nobody on lkml seemed interested in my patch to fix it.

James

DSL-