Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 2.0.1 debian packages at xen.terrabox.com

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 20:04 +0200, Nuutti Kotivuori wrote:
> I've finally managed to create a Xen based kernel based on
> kernel-patch-xen 2.0.1 from xen.terrabox.com. I used make-kpkg (not
> xenlinux-builder) and configured grub manually. Works like a dream,
> good work.
>
> However, the other packages do not seem to be in too good of a
> condition. For example, the libxc2.0 package contains:
>
> ,----
> | /.
> | /usr
> | /usr/lib
> | /usr/share
> | /usr/share/doc
> | /usr/share/doc/libxc2.0
> | /usr/share/doc/libxc2.0/copyright
> | /usr/share/doc/libxc2.0/changelog.Debian.gz
> | /usr/lib/libxc.so
> `----
>
> Where /usr/lib/libxc.so looks like this:
>
> ,----
> | lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 12 Nov 30 13:27 /usr/lib/libxc.so -> libxc.so.1.3
> `----

Ouch. marked for fixing. Just started getting the dev branch setup on
auto-building. I'll cut a new one later this evening to fix the lib
issue.

> E.g. a dangling symlink to a non-existant file.
>
> Because of this, xend refuses to start:
>
> ,----
> |     from xen.lowlevel import xu
> | ImportError: libxc.so.1.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
> | file or directory
> `----
>
> About the repository structure in general, the source part seems to be
> haywire. There are no packages for 2.0.1, only the old 2.0 - it has a
> Packages and Packages.gz file, neither of which should be there - and
> it doesn't have a Sources.gz which should be there, if it is to be a
> source directory for apt.

Yep. I was out of it when I rebuilt the indexes. 8-P

> And just in case - Brian - I am not complaining at all about these
> packages. I'm just pointing out stuff to fix when you get time for it.

Feh. Didn't come across as whining. so don't worry about it.

Any other bugs or cleanups that you have come across yet?

btw, did you check out the xenlinuxbuilder package I created? make-kpkg
works nicely for Debian systems, but if you want to create kernels for
non-debian systems you wil have to either use the xen source tree or
xenlinuxbuilder. I plan on having xenlinuxbuilder use make-kpkg when the
target packaging is .deb, and the standard compile for .tgz.

I should probably make xenlinuxbuilder available as a tar.gz 8-P.