[Xen-devel] Re: Xen and intel-agp

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Milan Holzäpfel <lists@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:25:26 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:26:21 +0000

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:39:56 +0100
Ming-Wei Shih <xming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Did anyone has xen built with reiser4? I am using 2.6.9 + reiser4 (not
> mm) and this
> is what I get while building xen0,

Yup, I did.  I came across these two things:  reiser4 and Xen both
define a macro with one name, but the macro's "content" is exactly the
same IIRC.  I'm not sure whether renaming either one is necessary.
reiser4 includes two header files which leads to an error.  If one
includes the second one of these two files first, everything is fine.
More details on how to fix them below.  (note, I'm using the first
"official release" of reiser4, which is a snapshot from 2004-08-13, so
it's quite old.  Maybe new probs have introduced since then...)

However, I didn't come to test whether it actually works (see nv_sata
problems...)

> xenU built without problem
>
> Ming-Wei
>
> CC      fs/reiser4/status_flags.o
> In file included from include/linux/page-flags.h:10,
>                  from fs/reiser4/status_flags.c:6:

Here is the first of the two includes I mentioned (status_flags.c:6)

> include/asm-xen/asm/pgtable.h: In function `arbitrary_virt_to_phys':
> include/asm-xen/asm/pgtable.h:477: error: `init_mm' undeclared (first
> use in this function)
> include/asm-xen/asm/pgtable.h:477: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> include/asm-xen/asm/pgtable.h:477: error: for each function it appears in.)
> In file included from include/linux/mm.h:4,
>                  from include/linux/highmem.h:6,
>                  from include/linux/bio.h:23,
>                  from fs/reiser4/status_flags.c:7:

And this is the second one. (status_flags.c:7).  So just switch lines 6
and 7 of fs/reiser4/status_flags.c, and it should work fine.

> include/linux/sched.h: At top level:
> include/linux/sched.h:678: error: `init_mm' used prior to declaration
> In file included from include/linux/bio.h:27,
>                  from fs/reiser4/status_flags.c:7:
> include/asm-xen/asm/io.h:379:5: warning: "__UNSAFE_IO__" is not defined
> In file included from fs/reiser4/status_flags.c:12:
> fs/reiser4/dformat.h:44:1: warning: "PACKED" redefined

This is reiser4's definition of the macro I mentioned.

> In file included from include/asm-xen/asm/page.h:18,
>                  from include/asm/thread_info.h:13,
>                  from include/linux/thread_info.h:21,
>                  from include/linux/spinlock.h:12,
>                  from include/linux/percpu.h:3,
>                  from include/linux/page-flags.h:8,
>                  from fs/reiser4/status_flags.c:6:
> include/asm-xen/xen-public/xen.h:13:1: warning: this is the location of
> the previous definition

And here comes Xen's.  Since it only says "warning", you probably don't
need to change anything to make it compile, but you may want to check
xen.h:13 and status_flags.c:12 to make sure they are exactly the same,
since I only remember that they looked the same :)

> make[2]: *** [fs/reiser4/status_flags.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [fs/reiser4] Error 2
> make: *** [fs] Error 2

- --

                   Milan Holzäpfel alias jagdfalke alias jag

Antworten direkt an mich                             Answers directly to me
gehen bitte an eine Addresse,                        go to an address one
die man hier finden kann:                            can find here, please:

Kontaktinfos sowie                                   Contact infos as well as
Öff GnuPG-Schlüssel    <URL:http://con.mjh.name/>    GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Fingerabdruck     4C8A 5FAF 5D32 6125 89D1     GnuPG Fingerprint
                        0CE5 DB0C AF4F 6583 7966

                    http://www.deppenleerzeichen.de/