Re: [Xen-devel] Raid6 (experimental)

> My kernel config had RAID6 compiled into the kernel. It is an
> experimental option for kernel 2.6.9. At boot it measures the
> checksumming performance of different algorithms.
>
> Under Xen, the machine hangs when it executes the mmxx1 step - under
> native linux, it works fine and goes on to mmxx2, ssex1, sse2x1 etc.
>
> Not critical at all, just thought to let you guys know.

Unsurprising -- the driver is going straight at privileged control
registers.

As a quick proof of concept can you try editing drivers/md/raid6x86.h
as follows:

1. For each function called raid6_before_???(), change its
implementation to:
static inline void raid6_before_???(???)
{
        kernel_fpu_begin();
}

2. For each function called raid6_after_???(), change its
implementation to:
static inline void raid6_after_???(???)
{
        kernel_fpu_end();