[Xen-devel] Xen suspend

Hi,

I'm running Xen-2.0.1 and a self-compiled 2.6.9-xen0 on my IBM T40.

When I close the lid the following happens:
(a) running natively (a SL92 kernel, 2.6.9-rc2 with some improvements):
    The powersaved is configured to do a suspend-to-ram. The OS suspends
    the devices and goes to sleep. Waking up again, the devices get
    reinitialized and everything Works like a charm.
    Only downside is the power consumption in suspended mode.
    It's still about 4W.
(b) Running Xen
    The laptop goes into suspend mode immediately.
    It also wakes up again.
    The OS does not seem involved in suspending at all. dmesg does not
    show any signs of this event not even xm dmesg does.
    After waking up, however, the touchpad (synaptics) in domain 0 is
    unusable and the kernel spits
    TouchPad at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost sync at byte 1
    I'm unsure whether other devices are in a sane state.
    The next xm create killed the machine :-(

Is this supposed to work?
Shouldn't Xen ask the domain0 kernel to suspend the devices?

Regards,
--
Kurt Garloff                   <kurt@xxxxxxxxxx>             [Koeln, DE]