Re: [Xen-devel] Is it possible to Xenify a stock Redhat/Fedora kernel.

Ian Pratt wrote:

> Should we be adding a bunch of .deb targets to our top-level
> Makefiles, or is it more gory than that? Can the existing
> buildconfigs stuff be adapted for building custom debian kernels?

Currently there are a lot modification between genuine Xen-2.0.1's
Makefile and debiaized version of Makefile.
But I believe we can modify it for both .deb and .rpm nightly build.

> I presume we'd need a Debian box to actually build the .deb's, or
> are there some simple tools we can just add to our FC2 box that
> does the nightly build?

I believe we need a debian box to generate debiaized packages nightly.

> I'd like to see us building .deb's and .rpm's nightly -- the
> current install.sh stuff is far from ideal (though actually seems
> to work remarkably well on all modern distros).

Yes, agreed definitely.

If official Xen project to offer deb's repo, I am very happy to upload
Xen 2.0.1 debianized packages to the repo and maintain them til Xen-2.0
official debian packages to be released.

thanks & regards,
--
kaz