Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic, probably TLS related

> Hi there,
>
> I had a domain that crashed yesterday, it had /lib/tls enabled and was
> doing a lot of segmentation faults.
>
> Im sorry, but I could not save the kernel panic text message.
> I have moved the library to tls.disabled, but if it happens again - I
> will do the best to get that kernel panic.

How recent is your build? The new "segment flipping" approach to
-ve segment offset support should be safe if somewhat slow. The
old approach used an instruction emulator that didn't have full
coverage of the x86 instruction set, and hence could potentially
lead to problems (seg faults).

For the moment, it's still best to move the TLS libraries out of
the way.

Ian