[Xen-devel] 2 questions

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:41:47 -0600 (MDT)
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:15:59 +0100

2.4.26-xenU boots fine on my T41 laptop, with the exception that it
glitches numlock at some point so you have to hit numlock a few times
unless you have a login for r66t :-)

Is there any way other than com1 to get xen debug output at this point?

Also my xen is still at 1.3 -- should I just bite the bullet and get
-unstable again (which I assume is sort of 2.0)? Which tree do you
recommend I pull for the 'latest bug fix' :-)

I got more time to work on the Plan 9 port, and yikes! it is close to
mounting its root file system. This is the lashup:
1. vmware session with Plan 9 auth/file server
2. vmware session with xen 1.3, 2.4.26-xen0, and plan 9 in domN

The current hangup is literally that. Plan 9 front end network gets
packets fine -- to a point. Then it starts getting network frontend
interrupts but the producer/consumer numbers are the same -- i.e. it gets
into the netif_poll from the interrupt handler and the indication is that
there are no new packets to consume, going by the numbers. This can happen
at packet 18, or packet 30, or packet 138 -- it's not deterministic. I
just did a bk get last night and rebuilt, and it gets farther, but still
gets stuck at some point. I get several interrupts but no indication from
the shared memory counters that there are packets there. Will Xen ever
send me an interrupt if there are no packets to receive?

What's a good thing to look for here? This packet lockup is the only thing
between me and a multi-user plan 9 cpu server working :-)

I am going to try running straight on the laptop without vmware to make
sure it's not that, but I'm doubtful that will do it.

ron