Re: [Xen-devel] Automation scripts

> I would certainly appreciated this. Then I can keep my automation roughly
> in line with what's going to happen anyway, so I can move from my system to
> the official one without too much pain. I'm certain the official one will
> be much better anyhow :o)

OK, here's some thoughts that clarify the existing control structure and what
a cluster controller ought to do.  I attach an old design doc from before the
current set of control tools, which I've updated to correspond better to
reality.

The crux of the cluster controller is that it really consists of two parts:
* Stuff to manage the cluster resources in a uniform way (e.g. migration,
start / stop domains anywhere in the cluster, monitor domains... + the
console concentrator)
* Stuff to manage VMs (image templates, etc) more effectively.

These are pretty independent.  We imagine all state being stored in an SQL
server.  Hopefully, the SQL server can provide us replication of this data,
etc.

On top of this, command line (and at some stage) web-based interfaces would be
required to run the show.

A lot of the code shouldn't be too technically difficult, just time-consuming.
The SQL database will need to be carefully designed.  We would probably tend
to implement daemon code in Python, like all the rest of the tools.

We would love to see contributions in this area.

HTH,
Mark