Re: [Xen-devel] Follow-up

> I am having trouble with the two Xandros distros.  The 2.6.8.1-xenU kernel
> boots to this point:
>
> -----
> Freeing unused kernel memory: 92k freed
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> ioperm not fully supported - set iopl to 3
> ------
>
> The console freezes.
>
> The instance shows on the 'xm list'.

In what state? Blocked ('b')?

It may be that Xandros' init program depends on being able to access
some piece of hardware that is inaccessible in an unprivileged
domain. We had a report that Gentoo's init program has problems too,
although that was a long while ago.

My approach to debugging this would probably be to download the
Xandros init program's source and add print tracing to it to see where
it fails.

The best fix may then be to submit patches to Xandros. :-)

> xm console xxxx  results in:
> Cannot connect to console 12 in domain 1

Did you disconnect the old 'frozen' console session with CTRL-] ??

 -- Keir