Re: [Xen-devel] xen and agpgart

> That was actually my initial attempt.  The first problem I ran into was it
> attempting to do a cache flush:
>
> #define flush_agp_cache() asm volatile("wbinvd":::"memory")

We can fix this by virtualising the instruction. But we can ignore it
for now.

> Which causes a general protection fault.  Ignoring that for the moment and
> then working forward, it allocates a page of memory with __get_free_page()
> and attempts to ioremap_nocache() it to presumably generate a completely
> uncached page in memory.  This results in a strange oops attempting to
> fiddle with the page tables changing the page attributes on that piece
> of memory.

Hmmmm.... I think the problem is people using virt_to_phys() instead
of virt_to_bus(). I would have expected the latter to be correct
really. I'll take a look at uses of ioremap() and ioremap_nocache()
throughout Linux. It may be there's a simple fix that will work for all
uses... You could try manually changing the address passed in to
virt_to_bus() and see if you get fiurther.

 -- Keir