Re: [Xen-devel] one more question on ethernet front end

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Keir Fraser wrote:

> The frames you get from the receive ring are not necessarily the ones
> you removed from your memory reservation. i.e., you will be replacing
> with different pages.

Something else I'm unclear on then: what if you have a pfn array that is
of size x, covering a range of physical frame numbers, and you get back a
pfn that has an index such that it won't fit in that array? I'm a little
unclear on how this would work.  It looks in the newer stuff like you
don't really resize the array, unless I missed it. I guess I'll look
again, but does the linux loader size the mfn array in all cases so that
it has enough entries for all of physical memory, so that it can
accomodate any PFN?

Anyway, back to board of drawings.

> PS. Try to stick close to the Linxu device drivers as much as possible
> -- the mechanism for granting foreign access to your pages, and for
> accepting page transfers from other foreign domains, will be changing
> soon (it's rather fast and loose at the moment). It'll be nice if you
> can take a patch directly from our Linux tree.

yeah, I'm staying as close as I can. Moving .h files over is a script. .c
can not be a script for many reasons, and I'll tell you that linux and bsd
drivers are way more similar to each other than they are to Plan 9
drivers, but I can track the xen stuff anyway.

ron