From: Brian Wolfe
Sent: Sun 29/08/2004 4:22 AM
To: James Harper
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] iSCSI root

Have you tried setting up evms to handle the raid? I just started using
it instead of lvm+md on nfs1 when I rebuilt it last week and so far it's
run very nice and reliably on bootup. It's stacked like this:
ide-disks<->bbr_per_disk<->raid5+1spare<->lvm<->snapshots_as_needed
As you can see, I really don't want the array failing on me. ;)

Once I get the iSCSI working I had planned on using 1 EVMS volume from
nfs1 and nfs2 servers as mirror pairs mounted via domain0 of the hosting
xen node then exported to the domain#. It looks quite complex, but it
should in theory provide 100% fault tolerance to the individual xenlinux
virtual machines. (separate lan per nfs server as well, 3rd lan for
regular network traffic).

Thank you for the specifics on iscsi. I'll probably be packaging it
somehow after I check out the license and get it to compile reliably.
That is unless someone else gets to it before me. ;)