Re: [Xen-devel] iscsi patch

Yep. It also exists in 2.6.7, 2.6.6, etc. I've always found NFS-root to
be an undesireable position to be in for any kind of production setup.
NFS just isn't solid enough to handle temporary fileserver failures
IMHO. 8-( I used it because I really didn't have any alternatives for
being able to move a XenLinux image between various servers cleanly.

You are right below in that I don't mean nfs server. I'm trying to get
away from NFS completely. It's a hack of a network based filesystem
IMHO. Even NFS4 doesn't solve half of the issues. 8-( NFS5 sounds
promising, but yet again, it's still hacks IMHO. I believe that for a
root filesystem you REALLY do want block level interfaces like iSCSI,
FC, and other SANs for production systems. Anything less is playing
russian roulette with your server IMO.