Re: [Xen-devel] error on booting XenLinux

> Interesting. So if I use the serial port driver as a module, then I
> *should* be able to get to com2 while com1 is in use by xen as a serial
> console?

If you have xencons=off (or xencons=tty) then the xencons driver
will not grab the ttyS major and the uart driver will be able to
get it.

However, Linux's uart driver will likely poke around the hardware
for both uarts even if only one device is actually ever being
opened. I expect you'll get away with this as Xen will just
plough on using it regardless. The only problem could be if the
uart driver barfs because it can't grant the interrupt line for
the port that Xen is using.

Give it a go and let us know.

Ian