Re: [Xen-devel] error on booting XenLinux

> > Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 48 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
> > Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 48 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
>
> You currently have to keep the 8250 driver disabled.  Unfortunate, as it
> means you can't get to real serial ports afaict, and it means that
> drivers like mwave just won't work.

You've pointed out Brian's problem, but the situation isn't as
bad as you think.

If you want to have the domain access the serial port directly
rather than going via Xen then:
 1) *don't* have a com1= entry on the Xen command line
 2) Have "xencons=off" on the linux command line

You can then configure the serial port however you like (though I
haven't tested it under 2.6).

For most users, I think it makes more sense to have Xen own the
serial port and for dom0 to send its output via the xencons
driver registered on ttyS0. That way you get the ouput from both
dom0 and Xen.

Best,
Ian