[Xen-devel] compile problem

I'm just trying to compile linux-iscsi-4.0.1 and it complains that it can't find arch/i686/Makefile within the linux kernel tree. The makefile defines the architecture as:

ARCH:=$(shell uname -m)

which on my system gives i686, not xen.

Is xen or linux-iscsi not doing the right thing here? I think probably the ARCH test should be skipped if I have specified it as an environment variable...

James