Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Partial workaround for probs with 3ware Controller

> > Does (non-xen) 2.6.7 reports the same acpi processor ID's? Is there a
> > newer BIOS for that box?
> >
> > Can xen hackers confirm if the acpi code is up-to-date?
>
> I'll investigate an upgrade to 2.6 ACPI code. Doing the same for APIC
> and IO-APIC code would probably also be sensible...
>
> Sven: Do you have a boot dump from a working vanilla (non-Xen) kernel?
> It'd be interesting to see what it is getting right.

Hmmm... an upgrade to 2.6 code would be a non-trivial undertaking. But
Sven has got the 3ware controller working in vanilla 2.4.26.

I've updated our bootstrap ACPI code to code from the 2.4.26 tree -- it
looks like a bunch of additional parsing has been added in so, fingers
crossed, it may well make a difference. :-)  I also checked APIC,
IO-APIC, and PCI code but nothing there seems to have changed very
much.

Sven: please pull the latest Xen and give it a go. If it still fails,
then send the new boot output from a Xen debug build, as you did
before.

 Cheers,
 Keir