Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.7-xen0 hang on boot

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Rik van Riel wrote:
>
> > I've got glibc-2.3.3-31 here.   Let me try with -42...
>
> Now it hangs way earlier, before init even gets
> around to starting rc.sysinit.  This is on a
> Pentium-M core...

We've been running mostly on 18-month old 2.4GHz Xeon's. It seems
unlikely that there would be a hwcap difference that would cause
either ldconfig or the library's behaviour to differ from on a
Pentium-M.

Here's the flags from our system:
fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush
dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm

What happens if you boot with /lib/tls moved out the way then put
it back (and run ldconfig) after the system is up? Does it
seem stable?

This might isolate whether it's just an /sbin/init issue.

Thanks,
Ian