Re: [Xen-devel] Newer Changesets broke Dom0 boot with 2.6.7 and FC2

There seems to be some strange things going on...
Normally, the first thing I do after cloning a new xeno-unstable
distribution is to change the drivers for my ethercards from
non-module to module config (Because when I boot a
normal, non-xen kernel on the same machine, it always
orders my cards differently than the xen kernel. With
modules and modprobe.conf, I can assign it always to
eth0, eth1, etc. like I want it to be).

If I just do (in an empty dir):
1.) bk clone
2.) make world
3.) make linux26
4.) make install   (it seems that this step repeats compiling the 2.4. kernels,
why ?)
and reboot, I can _not_ see any problems with kudzu and hwclock during boot
process,
even with the newest changesets (and "nosegfixup" boot option is set !).
Only when shutting down the machine (via "halt"), I can see a "syncing hardware
clock to system time  [failed]", but no (visible) segfault.
However, if I don't set the "nosegfixup" boot option, the boot process will
freeze
with segfaults of devlabel, initlog and mounting filesystems, but even in this
case
no segfaults occur with kudzu and hwclock (they get called earlier in the boot
process
before booting freezes).

Then I do the following to configure my ethercard drivers (100/1000 MBits)
as modules:
1.) cd linux-2.6.7-xen0
2.) make menuconfig ARCH=xen
3.) change the needed ethercard drivers from [*] to [M]   (and really nothing
else)
4.) save the new config when asked when I exit
5.) make clean ARCH=xen
6.) make ARCH=xen
7.) make modules_install ARCH=xen
8.) make install ARCH=xen
9.) reboot
After rebooting now I see all errors I have reported before:
segfaults with kudzu and hwclock (even with "nosegfixup" boot option set)
and if I dont set the "nosegfixup" boot option, the boot process does not finish
and freezes like before.
So after changing the ethercard drivers from compiled in to module,
hwclock and kudzu don't work correctly any more ??
I also think, the Dom0 2.6.7 kenrnel is normally using no modules at all ?

Am I doing something wrong here ? Does the top directory Makefile
use another config (not the .config in the kernel source directory) ?

If my procedure of changing the kernel configs is wrong, what is
the correct one ?

TIA,
  Sven