RE: [Xen-devel] help! error in creating a new domain

Hi Xin,
Looks like your root partition does not have the label "/". In general I
prefer referring to partitions by their device name rather than label
because thy are more explicit (and labels can be confusing if you clone
file-systems).

Anyways, try passing root=/dev/<partition> to XenoLinux and check
/etc/fstab on that partition to contain device names rather than labels.
If that doesn't help please post the kernel command line (should be
printed out on the console) and the content of /etc/fstab and a
description of your harddisk layout (partitions etc.)

Thanks
Rolf

LABEL=/"
> seems to be fatal, because the system exits after I input the root
> password.
>
> But what else should I do to fix the problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Xin
>

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Steven Hand wrote:
>

> > >When I tried to create a new domain "domain 1", I followed the Yan-
> Ching
> > >CHU's guide on :installing quick file systems for new domains in
Xen