Re: [Xen-devel] more dom0 crash, no dump

On Jul 17, 2004, at 4:25 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:

You could try building Xen with 'debug=y make'. That adds a load more
diagnostic messages. How does DOM0 die? If it crashed out completely
then the machine would reboot - so presumably it is hanging? That
would be harder to debug.

I'll give that a try. I'm not sure what it's doing exactly. I've been logged in via ssh, four VMs running all doing compiling or something equally taxing on the hardware, then start something that does a lot of i/o on the dom0 host and I'll get booted out and find that the dom0 host no longer responds to ping or anything else, but nothing on the console indicating any problems. Then it reboots. Once the VMs all stayed alive until I walked to the physical console and tapped the "enter" key a couple of times, at which point the whole machine rebooted. This has happened three or four times now, so I'm pretty sure I can make it happen again.

"We all enter this world in the    | Support Electronic Freedom
same way: naked; screaming; soaked |        http://www.eff.org/
in blood. But if you live your     |  http://www.anti-dmca.org/
life right, that kind of thing     |---------------------------
doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould