[Xen-devel] Testing Xen for CERN

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Rune Johan Andresen <runejoha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:16:26 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:46:49 +0100

Testing Xen for CERN

Hi, I am currently testing Xen and other virtual monitors for CERN and have some “abstract” questions. We might want to use it in the Grid project if the benchmarking tests give good results.

1. Will there by any port to IA64 or other platforms in the future?
2. When will Xen upgrade to 2.6 ?
3. Does Xen support dual processors?
4. Benchmarking a virtual monitor can give some strange results. Which method do you use for Xen?
5. How would you say Xen has an advantage over other virtual monitors like
vmware, plex86, uml etc.

regards
Rune J.Andresen