Re: [Xen-devel] Grub & boot problems with Xen

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 17:12, Rune Johan Andresen wrote:
> Hi, I am in the beginning stage of Xen and am trying to install on a
> Red Hat 7.x distribution (Yes, very old but I need it to function on
> this dinosaur, if possible!) I am now following the CD DOCUMENTATION
> and copied the xen.gz & xenolinux.gz to the /boot folder. (the
> bootloader IS grub).
>
> When i reboot with xen (and not redhat) i get a errormessage:
>
> Can't find file image.gz
>
> The grub.conf looks like this:
>
> default=0
> timeout=10
> splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xmp.gz
>
> title Xen / Xenlinux 2.4.22
>       root(hd0,0)
>       kernel /boot/image.gz dom0_mem=131072 ser_baud=115200 noht
>       module /boot/xenolinux.gz root=/dev/sda4 no console=tty0
>

> another DOCUMENT from Xen also used xen.gz instead for image.gz. Why is
> that? Need some warm up here.

the 'kernel' grub is booting should be that of the Xen VMM (the module
line tells xen which image to use for domain 0). If you copied the xen
image of the CD and it is called xen.gz the kernel line for the grub
entry should read:
kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 ser_baud=115200 noht

Rolf