Re: [Xen-devel] xeno-unstable: xend hangs

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Ian Pratt wrote:
>
> > I think this particular bug has been fixed in the live BK repo,
> > but the nightly build hasn't picked it up yet.
>
> what's a rough picture of how much has changed? I am on unstable but have
> not changed it for a month as I'm doing a port. How much and what can I
> expect to see break?

If I were you, I'd stick with your snapshot for about another
week ;-)

When you do resync, I don't think you're going to see a huge
amount of guest visible change. The biggest difference is that
ngio is now the default, so you should be modelling your plan9
block and network device drivers on the Linux
arch/xen/drivers/blkif/frontend/ and
arch/xen/drivers/netif/frontend/ respectively.

Most of the changes have been xen internal, or with respect to
the xen - xend interface, and hence mostly a private matter
between us and Mike.

By the time you resync, I'd expect all the xc_* and xm_* tools to
have disappeared, and be replaced with the grand unified "xm"
tool, but there's actually very little that should effect the
plan9 port.

Cheers,
Ian