Re: [Xen-devel] memory fault

> I can semi-reproduce the faults at this point.  Some hosts seem more
> prone than others to faulting, even though they are the same hardware.
> Domain-0 has crashed rarely but normally the domain running the app
> crashes.  The app is a big multithreaded overlay network project
> program.

> I see:
>      DOM2: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x20/0)
> That message doesn't always reboot domain, sometimes prints just once,
> and sometimes prints in long batches.

It's pretty unlikely this is anything to do with Xen -- I bet you
could reproduce this on a stock Linux compiled without CONFIG_HIGHMEM

>      DOM1: Weird failure in hard_start_xmit
> This pops up occasionally and may prevent some TCP connections.  Not
> sure though.

I haven't seen this message before, and I'm struggling to find
the string in the source. Please can you check you've transcribed
it correctly?

>      DOM3: Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c3f77820
>      DOM3: Oops: 0002
> The application domain has a 1GB virtual disk swap space.  It is
> certainly not running out of swap.  As long as domain-0  doesn't crash I
> can get the oops info out of the xen console.

Armed with the Oops message and vmlinux it should be possible to
debug this. Please could you have a go looking up the EIP in System.map.

Thanks,
Ian