Re: [Xen-devel] multicast?

> I trying to use udpcast in Domain 0 without any luck.
> I built a xenolinux-2.4.25 with CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST=y
> but do not see any multicast packets get in or out.
>
> Anyone know if multicast ought to work?  Or is this a TODO item?

I'm afraid multicast hasn't been a big priority for us. This is
certainly something to bear in mind for the new IO world....

However, there are a couple of hacks that might work.

If you can find out what mcast IP address is being used, you
could try using xc_dom_control to add that address to the domain.

Alternatively, try building the xeno-1.3vnet.bk repository. This
can be (build time) configured to provide L2 switching rather
than L3 routing. I think mcast might 'just work' in this
environment.

Ian