Re: [Xen-devel] HYPERVISOR_console_write gone?

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 21:39, Keir Fraser wrote:

> Guest OSes should send their console output via domain 0
> now. HYPERVISOR_console_write is still available in debug builds -- if
> you want this capability without a full debug build of Xen then you
> will need to manually edit common/console.c.

How do I configure my guest OS to send printks to dom0? I used to have
the #if 1 thing set in kernel/printk.c, but that is gone now. My
unprivileged domains have gone awfully quiet now.

Btw, there is no common/console.c in neither Xen nor Xenolinux. I would
really like to have HYPERVISOR_console_write back, so I have re-added
the definition to asm/hypervisor.h. What do I have to change in Xen (I
don't think I want a full debug build) to make it work?

Lastly, I used to be able to interact with Xen via the serial line, but
it seems to no longer listen to my keypresses. How do I reenable that?

thanks in advance,
Jacob