Re: [Xen-devel] Console getting disk debug output?

> I'm trying to connect to a Xen (1.2) console via a terminal
> concentrator and, on boot, instead of getting console output
> I'm getting literally thousands of lines as follows:
>
> hdb: 0x0080 0x000001cb7376
> [A]
> hdb: writing: LBAsect=30110710, sectors=128, buffer=0x00253000,

This is bizarre.

Someone has commented out the "#ifdef DEBUG" in
xen/drivers/ide/ide-disk.c in several places.

The strange thing is that the changelog suggest this was done 13
months ago! Why hasn't anyone noticed before?

We do most of our testing on SCSI, but there are *loads* of
people using IDE in production environments. Surely this debug
output hasn't been coming out the whole time without anyone
noticing? I suspect that something else must have been gating it
until very recently, but I'm not sure what. I'll investigate.

In the meantime, remove the comments from ide-disk.c

Thanks,
Ian