Re: [Xen-devel] The Problem of Creating a domain

> When I create the domain 1, I received the message as bellow in
> xen_read_domain console:
> [10] INIT: Entering runlevel: 4
> [10] Starting sshd:[  OK  ]
> [10] eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr AA:00:00:63:8B:C7
> [10]           inet addr:163.25.117.195  Bcast:163.25.117.255
> Mask:255.255.255.0
> [10]           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
> [10]           RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> [10]           TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> [10]           collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
> [10]           RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
> [10]
> [10] INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel
>
> Is that means that the boot sequence of domain1 done ? (I guess not)

The domain is booted just fine.

> But I could not use ssh root@xxxxxxxxxxx to access domain 1 ?

I see you're using the root filesystems from the democd. Which
version 1.0 or 1.2 ?

The problem is one of two things:
  1) you're either not telling Xen that it should route packets
destined to 169.254.1.1 to this domain
  2) you're not actually assigning linux this IP address

>From the output listed above it looks like you're assigning the
domain the IP address 163.25.117.195.

You can either assign the domain an IP address with the ip=
section of the kernel command line, or by setting it in the init
scripts. Take a look at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
in your root file system. If you're using the one from the 1.2
democd you'll need to also set the LOCALIP= variable on the
kernel command line to tell it what address you want.

Best,
Ian