Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem

> > > Please ignore my entire previous email -- I was looking in the list
> > > of PHY pcids not the MAC ones. The BCM95702 is supported in stock
> > > 2.4.24 Linux and should work.
> >
> > No problem. :)
> >
> > > The fact that you're having trouble getting it to work with stock
> > > Linux is quite mysterious.
> >
> > More mysterious when you consider that it works with grsecurity patch which
> > doesn't touch drivers/net/anything, and even more when you read my post in
> > which I wrote that it works under Xen compiled without -DNDEBUG.
> >
> > I have already informed LKML, GRSEc and LND ML's onm the situation and will
> > report here on any conclusions.
>
> Use a different GCC -- I think it's a very possible culprit here.
>
> We mostly use GCC 3.2.2 here (since it's what comes with Redhat
> 9). However GCC 3.3.3 should also work.

Another thing to try is downloading our latest build of Xen 1.2 from
the project download page:
 http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads.html

Also, the Linux developers recommend using GCC 2.95.3 for maximum
stability. This is therefore probably a good choice for Xen as well,
although all our testing uses 3.3.2 as shipped with Redhat 9.

 -- Keir