Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Questions on Copy-on-Write

> > Just create a CoW multi-disk device with VBDs in XenoLinux
> > and that's it.
>
> Doesn't this sit at the wrong level?

Implementing the CoW functionality in Linux is basically a
stop-gap until we can do it more cleanly with the new IO stuff
that's under development.

> This would make all disk accesses on these devices go through
> Domain0?

Any domain that wanted CoW disk access could use Bin's CoW driver
directly. Of course, that would no longer be transparent to the
guest OS. It'll all be much cleaner in the future...

Cheers,
Ian