Re: [Xen-devel] Different esps

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 19:19, Keir Fraser wrote:
> > about line 329 in traps.c:
> >
> Maybe an exception of some kind? Did you fill in the trap_table
> (virtual IDT) in full_execution_context?

Hi,

I cleaned up my page table remapping code, I am pretty confident it is
correct now (and the errors from Xen are fixed, thanks Steven). However,
I am still having the problem of an exception occuring apparently right
as the domain starts. I have tried copying the trap_table across and
installing it while creating the domain, but this has no effect -- for
instance I see lots of page faults (in ret_from_sys_call (xenolinux)) if
I print them from Xen, but the xenolinux pf handler is never reached.

Do I have to do anything more than just copy the trap_table into the
full-exe-ctxt before domain creation? Are the handler addresses in
virtual coordinates?

I have instrumented the GPF and general trap handlers in Xen, but they
are not called.

Perhaps I should just add a hypercall to make Xen dump the exe-context
in user space?

Jacob