Re: [Xen-devel] xenctl returning exceptions (half of the time!)

> Ah... with just console=tty0 I do get the full error.
>
> It's saying root_device_name = hdf1
>
> kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-33, errno=2
> VFS: Cannot open root device "hdf1" or 21:41
>
> Perhaps XenoLinux has a problem with high number IDE devices?

A good hypothesis ;-) You're somewhat outside the tested operational
envelope..

Some things to look for:
 1. Does Xen detect your IDE device when it boots (if it's on some
 weird extension card then it may not be found).
 2. Does Xenolinux see 'hdf' when it probes for devices. If it does
 then it should give one of those partition-listing lines:
DOM0: Partition check:
DOM0:  hdf: hdf1 ...

I guess you may not be able to confirm 1 if it scrolls too fast, but I
expect that the latter partition checks should still be visible
onscreen when the boot fails.

 -- Keir