Re: [Xen-devel] Memory question (again)

On Wed, Nov 12 03 at 12:55:04PM +0100, Tvrtko A. Ur?ulin wrote:
> What exactly is the size given to xi_create? I mean, is it the minimum
> guaranteed size (if so, where is the absolute maximum set), or is it the
> absoulte maximum guest can use?

Both. The guest can never have more than the size given, but it's also
guarenteed that the guest will get that much on startup. If the guest
voluntarily releases memory later using the balloon driver, then it is
not guarenteed to be able to get it *back* (and can't take back more
than it gave away in any case).

--
Torne Wuff
torne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx