Re: [Xen-devel] Network issues with SuSE firewall

On Sat, Nov 08 03 at 12:36:25AM +0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > # run_iptables -t filter -F
> > # run_iptables -t filter -X
> >
> > I can now run xen_nat_enable and it leaves my existing filter
> > rules in place.  The existing filter rules are extremely
> > permissive.
>
> It's arguable that these 2 lines are a bug in the script...

The flush/clear commands are to make the script idempotent; as long as
you only run it once, and the actions it takes don't interact with your
existing firewall, it'll be fine.

You would do better to add the NAT rules into the firewall setup itself,
though, as this would get rid of any ordering problems..etc.
xen_nat_enable, other than making assumptions for you about IP
addresses, doesn't do anything Xen-specific.

Torne
who wrote that