Re: [Xen-devel] Network issues with SuSE firewall

> > > $ xenctl script -f/etc/xen-mydom  (the default script)
> > > $ xenctl domain start -n2
> >
> > The /etc/xen-mydom should automatically start the domain.
>
> It doesn't.  (You saw my prior "xenctl domain list" output, which said
> it was stopped.)

This is really odd. The last line of the script contains a
"domain start". Is there a missing LF or something?

> > > As I mentioned in my other message, it would be great to be able to
> > > see console messages, but they are either being firewalled or
> > > otherwise redirected.
> >
> > Have you been using xen_read_console?  You should be able to
> > watch the other domain booting, and check that it comes up OK.
>
> I run it (in the background) but never see anything.  Even
> when I reboot, I don't get shutdown messages (they don't
> appear on the physical console).

Very odd. Any chance you can get a serial line on the system?
The other domain's boot messages should also come out on serial.

> > Please can you send me the output from running xenctl, and the
> > console message from the booting domain.
>
> Yep.  Maybe the output from the "xenctl script..." startup is
> informative.  This is with the default /etc/xen-mynewdom, containing:

I take it that you're wanting to boot with the initrd copied
off the CD, and use the CD for the new domain's /usr ?

> peabody(root) ~ [6] > telnet 169.254.1.3 22
> Trying 169.254.1.3...
> telnet: connect to address 169.254.1.3: Connection refused

AFAIK, Our CD doesn't run a telnetd by default. There should be
an sshd, but I think your problem lies elsewhere...

Connection refused is a slightly odd message. If the domain was
totally dead, I'd expect the telnet to hang.

What happens if you run tcpdump in domain0. Do you see any
packets arriving at 169.254.1.0 ?

Ian