Re: [Xen-devel] balloon driver

> hmm,
> how do i use the balloon driver?
>
> ./balloon inflate 1000
> Unable to inflate balloon, error ffffffea
>
> both in dom0 and in dom1, both have ~100mb in starting size, lots of
> unused memory, and i also have at least another 300mb of unused memory.

Yeah, I checked this out. For now, set p->max_pages to (1<<20) in
common/domain.c:alloc_new_domain_mem (it's currently set to
tot_pages). That will effectively turn off limit checking --- I'll add
explicit setting to xi_build later. In the future balloon requests
will go via DOM0 for dynamic checking (we can then support more
versatile policies than static-limit checking).

 -- Keir